Children today have a lot of pressure on them. They are expected to excel in all areas; they are scheduled every minute of the day; they hear and see things instantly from all over the world, well before they are able to understand them. And the internet creates a permanent record of all their juvenile mistakes.
If you have noticed any of the following, your child might benefit from therapy:
- They have undergone a major personality change
- They have stopped hanging out with their old friends
- They have become irritable
- Their grades have dropped significantly
- They have no interest int heir favorite activities
- They tell you they are depressed
- They have experienced a major loss or upset
- You notice a lot of cuts and scratches, possible burn marks, scarring or other possible forms of self-injury.
You know your child—if something seems wrong, it probably is.
Therapy is a safe place where children can be themselves without having to perform. Remember, even if you are a great parent—sometimes even because you are—your child may not share what’s bothering them.
If you are not sure if there is a problem or not, give me a call and let’s talk about it.